Based on a survey conducted by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), over ninety-five percent of people are reached by media that targets passengers and drivers. That’s why vinyl car wraps are a great way to promote to the average person. However, is it right for your company?
First, let us define what a car wrap is. A car wrap is a mobile billboard, installed by a professional on your vehicle with the car wrap design templates of your choice. It is often printed in color with eye-catching graphics. Made from super tough vinyl, it could last between 5 to 7 years. You can put it onto your entire vehicle or just a part of it.
How much does a vehicle wrap cost? They usually cost between $1500 and $3000, depending on how much you are trying to cover and the type of your car. The total cost includes the wrapping material as well as the professional installation.
Here are six reasons why should choose vinyl car wraps versus a paint job:
- Compared to a high quality paint job, vinyl wraps only cost a fraction of a cost. The former is priced between $3000 and $10000, while the latter is at $1500 to $3000 only. Depending on the material used, the wraps can last 4-10 years.
- Resale Value. Vinyl wraps maintain the original paint, thus keeping the resale value intact. Keep in mind that your preferred color may not be the same with your potential buyer’s favorite hue.
- Installation Time. Choosing paint over wraps makes you without transportation for at least two weeks. With car graphics, your company vehicle will be fully transformed within three to five days.
- Every inch covered by vinyl protects your company car from all natural hazards, such as weather, sun exposure, rocks and dirt. Vinyl is very thick and durable. It can act as a shield.
- Long Lasting and Safe to Remove. Vinyl is long lasting and can be removed safely. To maximize the life of the wraps to the fullest extent, keep it in the garage if not in use. Then, it can be removed safely without affecting the original paint.
- Easy to Maintain. Vehicle wraps are easy to maintain. All you need to do is hand wash your vehicle with soap and water, and it will look brand new again.
Why are vehicle wraps better than other forms of advertising? Aside from the fact that they are effective, they are also economical. They can reach more people than any other type of advertising. Take for instance outdoor signs. They cost about $4 per a thousand impressions. On the other hand, vinyl wraps are only priced at 4 cents per one thousand. Plus, one wrapped vehicle can make between 30,000 and 80,000 impressions per day, depending on how far it can go.
So, are these wraps right for your company? Vehicle wraps can be used for any type of business, whether it is large or small. Some business owners believe that vehicle advertising legitimize their brand and gets it out where customers can see it.